Dr. Nicholson is co-author of an Employment Guide designed to provide a comprehensive summary of useful information for potential PA employers, PA students and all others interested in learning more about our fast growing profession. The PA Employment Guide is published here and may be copied and distributed as long as credit is given to the "WisTREC" Project for its development and to the Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants for its annual update.
Among other topics, the PA Employment Guide provides:
- an overview of the PA Profession
- PA education and certification
- scope of practice regulations
- licensure and prescriptive authority
- current PA speciality distribution
- curent salary and benefits data
- cost benefit analysis for PA hiring
- sample contracts and employment agreements
- comparison of PA and Nurse Practitioner education and practice
I hope you will enjoy learning more about a profession of skilled clinicians that brings high quality cost-effective medical care to an American health care system in great need. If you would like this document in Word format, please email Dr. Nicholson.
Click here to open: EMPLOYMENT GUIDE
Another excellent resource for all things related to the Physician Assistant profession is the American Academy of Physician Assistants website at www.aapa.org